The Bahamas Crisis Center exists to end domestic violence through advocacy, education, and prevention.
A Bahamas Free of Violence
The Crisis Centre is a non-profit, ideologically independent organization primarily pledged to respond to the needs of all victims of sexual, physical and psychological abuse.The Centre also advocates for legislative and societal protection of survivors and raises public consciousness through education and information.
Objectives of the Centre
- To promote the safety and healing of survivors of gender-based violence and child abuse.
- To raise the consciousness of all communities throughout The Bahamas to the devastating effects of violence on the quality of life.
- To advocate for legislative change to protect victims of violence and challenge relevant agencies to foster appropriate and sensitive response to these issues.
- To improve our service delivery through continuous education by participating in local and international conferences and workshops.
- To initiate and/or participate in the collection of data, on the prevalence and trends of gender-based violence and child abuse, to inform policy and new programs.